Focusing on you
Important information regarding Covid-19
May 26, 2020
To all of our Patients, Families, and Friends of Price Eye Care:
We hope this letter finds you well. This letter is to help make your new experience in our office as safe and as enjoyable as possible.
With the pandemic from the coronavirus (COVID-19), Price Eye Care, Inc., is following the protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease and Prevention, the American Optometric Association, Indiana Optometric Association, and the Hancock County Health Department. We have made modifications to our office procedures and exams in order to most safely offer optometric services during the current pandemic. Please note, there are certain inherent risks associated with obtaining optometric services during a pandemic. There is no definitive way for us to eliminate your potential exposure to COVID-19 by one hundred percent.
We have implemented strict cleaning and disinfecting, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), social distancing protocols as well as several positive technological improvements. Some positive changes include our newly opened Online Optique, Online Virtual Frame Gallery, and Telemedicine/Telehealth. We sincerely want to make everyone’s “2020” better! Your continued patience, kindness, and support are greatly appreciated!
- Patients scheduled for an exam with Dr. Price and/or for a frame selection will be let inside the office. If necessary, one caregiver or translator may accompany the patient. All other services will be conducted curbside or via the telephone/computer. We will make it fun!
- Our doors will remain locked even during office hours.
- Please call us upon arrival 317-462-EYES(3937).
- If we are unable to answer, kindly call back in a couple minutes. We find this works better than leaving a voicemail.
- We sincerely ask for your honesty in all screening questions you will be asked. If you have an upcoming appointment, we ask that you reschedule to a later date if any of the following apply:
- You have been diagnosed or tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 30 days
- You are waiting for a test result for COVID-19
- You have been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days:
- Red eyes
- Dry cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches and/or pain
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Loss of appetite
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Other symptom associated with COVID-19 or the flu
APPOINTMENTS FOR EXAMS
- Dr. Price will be seeing patients by appointment in the office for emergent, urgent, medically necessary, and those with much needed vision exams.
- We sincerely ask for your understanding as the patients with the most urgent medical needs are our first priority.
- Appointments will be more limited to allow for social distancing and time for disinfecting
- Under the extenuating circumstances with COVID-19, in some cases, Dr. Price may be able to fill your glasses or contact Rx without a new exam.
WHAT IS NEW OR DIFFERENT
- At this time, only patients scheduled for an exam or for a frame selection will be let inside the office. Children under the age of 18, patients needing a caregiver, and/or needing a translator may have one individual accompany them.
- All patients, caregivers, and/or translators will:
- Need to wear a mask at all times. If you do not have a mask, we plan to have disposable masks available
- Complete a COVID-19 symptom questionnaire and pandemic treatment consent form
- Have their temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer upon entering
- Need to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds after entering
- Before your appointment, please complete the HIPAA compliant fillable PDF paperwork at priceeyecare.com/patient-center
- Upload your own ID and insurance cards
- Submit paperwork online
- Make payments online
- If possible, please return/submit the forms at least 1 business day before your appointment.
- Visit our Virtual Frame Gallery at priceeyecare.com/frame-gallery and pick out at least 3 of your favorites. This is the really fun part!!!
5. We ask that you only bring the following minimum items. (We kindly ask that you leave your jackets and larger purses at home.)
- Current glasses
- Contact Lenses
- List of allergies & medications
- Photo ID
- Insurance cards
- Wallet/small purse
- We ask that you not bring any food or beverages into the office.
- If you have an emergency such as: chemical burn, sudden loss of vision, sudden decrease in vision, foreign object in the eye, sudden onset of pain, redness, or swelling → call our office immediately at 317-462-3739.
- Be sure to give your reason for the call, name, date of birth, and return phone number. If we do not return your call, please call back.
NON-EMERGENCIES OR NON-URGENT QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
- Call or leave a voicemail at 317-462-3937 or email the optician at email@example.com
- If you do not reach us directly, please leave a voicemail with your name and date of birth and we will return your call or email as soon as possible.
PATIENTS ON PRESCRIPTION (Rx) DROPS
- If you need a refill, please ask your pharmacy to fax us a refill request. Dr. Price can also set up a visit via telemedicine.
GLASSES & CONTACT LENS WEARERS
- Thank you for taking care of us while we take care of you. Your glasses and contact lens purchases at Price Eye Care are vital to
our small business through this difficult time. If you need glasses or contacts, we can help. Because we may not be able to see you right away for an appointment, we may be able to extend your Rx to help you (with some exceptions). Dr. Price will be reviewing these requests on a case-by-case basis. We can also fill outside Rxs for both glasses and contacts. Please bring or fax your Rx to 317-318-1176.
- Due to the high demand for exams and the need to space our exams out, Dr. Price may be able to help you to fill a glasses or contact lens Rx without a new exam. Dr. Price will be happy to review your individual request.
- Wash your glasses at least once daily with soap and water.
- Due to COVID-19, Dr. Price now recommends washing your hands before and after inserting and removing your contact lenses. I would highly advise all patients not to sleep in or overwear contact lenses. And if you are feeling ill, DO NOT wear your contacts.
CONTACT LENS ORDERS:
- ONLINE ORDERING WITH FREE SHIPPING – ALWAYS! Note: If using insurance, please call 317-462-3937
- CURBSIDE PICK-UPS for all in stock contacts
- FREE SHIPPING TO YOUR HOME on all other orders
- If you need or are wanting to purchase a new frame in our optical, we will be happy to schedule an appointment in the office; or if you prefer, we may even be able to do curbside for you (weather permitting).
ADJUSTMENTS & REPAIRS
- For your safety and the safety of our staff, we will continue to perform adjustments & repairs curbside by appointment. CURBSIDE PICK-UPS & DISPENSES FOR GLASSES & CONTACTS
- We will continue to offer curbside pickups by appointment everyday preferably from 1-5 (rain or shine). It’s actually fun! THANK YOU
- As always, we will continue to monitor guidelines and recommendations made by governing agencies and associations. We will make any necessary updates as we move forward to provide the best possible patient care!
- Feel free to send us questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you safe while seeing and feeling well.
We have been working to contact every patient who had an appointment scheduled during the time the office was seeing emergencies and urgent care. If we missed you, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you good health and sincerely look forward to seeing you!
Dr. Monica Price Kowaleski and Our Price Eye Care Family
Visit our website & follow us on Facebook & Instagram for up-to-date information
“Focusing On You Since 2002”
946 N State St. Greenfield, IN 46140 phone 317.462.EYES(3937) fax 317.318.1176
Order Contact Lenses Online
Welcome to Price Eye care
Price Eye Care has a vision founded on a few basic principals. The first is the Golden Rule, treating others as one’s self would wish to be treated. We treat our patients like family, because many of us that work here are family; and many of our patients are our closest friends and family. Another principal is quality. You may wait a little longer to see our doctor, you may wait a little longer for your glasses to come in — all because we take the extra time to give you the very best service and the very best quality of care. We are always striving to offer the latest in technology in medical equipment to diagnose and treat your eye health, with contact lenses, and with our eyewear. We believe in working hard and playing hard. There is not a day that goes by that you don’t hear strong laughter throughout the office. Our fun-hearted team is
always doing their best to make the patient’s experience most enjoyable. With that, we work well together — continuing to strive for excellence as a team — always learning, always improving, and always focused on patient care. Lastly, a strong doctor-patient relationship is of utmost importance in our practice. You will find that Dr. Price Kowaleski brings what most would call traditional hometown service to a modern practice. We practice by our motto which is “Focusing On You Since 2002”.